Monday, July 19, 2010

Opening Day - "The Commuter Series"














Pamela Palma's "The Commuter Series" opened today, and visitors were gathered around to view the photographs and discuss bicycles and Chile. While there, they were able to meet and introduce themselves to the artist, as Miss Palma showed up to celebrate the opening with us. Contact the gallery if you're interested in visiting in person, and enjoy!

About the show

My passion for photographing the bicycle community stems from my love of bicycles. I learned to ride a bike when I was 7 years old. That first ride was unforgettable, the freedom that I felt then is still very much present in my everyday rides.

While traveling in Chile with my bike for several months early this year, I discovered that venturing through Santiago is no easy feat. That led me to seek out and photograph all types of cyclists to find out what motivates them to move through the dangerous traffic-jammed streets on two wheels.


About the artist

Pamela Palma was born in Santiago, Chile and raised in Castro Valley, California. She studied Photography and Design at the Academy of Art College in SF, CA. Her work has appeared in the, Meat Paper, Flyp Media, Bike Monkey Magazine,Cyclocross Magazine, Photo Metro Magazine, and has been exhibited at the Southern Exposure Gallery among others. She lives and works in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Some of the photos that are featured in the show are also part of a piece in the current Bike Monkey magazine, so do pick that up if you have a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment